You must update your voter registration every time you move or change your name in order to be able to vote a regular ballot each election.
If you would like to register to vote, or if you are currently registered in Ohio, you may update your registration online at
State law prohibits you from updating your name online because your new legal signature is required. You may print out a registration card and return it to our office or fill out a new registration card at your local library or BMV.
You can search under “Am I Registered” to verify your information on file with our office. After entering your last name and finding your record be sure and see the helpful links on the right side of the screen. The “Voter Details” link will show you:
- The name and address that is on file with our office
- Your current political affiliation which is determined by the type of ballot you chose in the last Primary election
- Your most recent voter history
- Your precinct’s name
- Your polling place address
- Directions to your polling place from your home address
- Your voting districts